Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite A100 - Won't reboot after turning off and turning back on ?

1. Satellite A100 - Won't reboot after turning off and turning back on
    Beginner
    My other half and son were using the computer yesterday, and then left it on to do some other things, upon returning to the laptop noticed that the power button was solid blue (should be flashing orange when in standby mode), with nothing on the screen, moved the mouse with nothing happening as well as CTRL+ALT+DELETE.

Powered computer down by holding the on/off button for 5 seconds, restarted but noticed that I could hear the DVD drive power up but that is where it stops/hangs, nothing comes on the screen. Have done this numerous times, as well as removing the battery and starting with just mains power on?

Can anyone help with what might be going on ??

JeffM

2. Re: Satellite A100 - Won't reboot after turning off and turning back on ?
    Master
    Hi,

Can you enter Bios (f2 on startup) to check if the HDD recognized. Also, try to reinstall Windows with a recovery disk or Windows copy disk.

3. Re: Satellite A100 - Won't reboot after turning off and turning back on
    Master
    Disconnect notebook from AC power supply, remove the battery and press power button for few seconds, leave it for a while and try to start it again with AC power supply only.
    What happen when you try to switch it on again?

If nothing happens again I am afraid you need professional help with this.