Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M750 tablet, buttons and fingerprint functions not working in win7

1. Portege M750 tablet, buttons and fingerprint functions not working in win7
    Beginner
    I have installed win7 64 bit ("fresh install" on my M750-129) and i have also downloaded and installed all the newest drivers from toshiba website.
    the device manager shows no problem / drivers needed, and trhings like HDD protection work well.

However, i have four groups of problems i would love and appreciate to find answer:

1) when i change the screen position to tablet, it does not change the orientation nor the resolution.
    There is no utility to set the desired orientations of screen as it was in vista (horribly unstable and slow OS, though).
    This, naturally, is diminishing the usefullness of the tablet finction

2) the buttons do not work properly; the screen rotation button starts excel (!!) , the centre of mobility button starts word (!!), and the toshiba assistance button does not work at all

3) fingerprints: the fingerprint utility lets me to screen my fingerprint, asks if it should save it, and than says "saving impossible; another duplicate pattern exists" which i completely do not understand what it means...

4) some applications are not available at all after fresh install: face recognition, DVD player, bussines card screener - but i can love without those; 1-3 worries me much much more and i would appreciate any functional help. thanx on advance for any try!

2. Re: Portege M750 tablet, buttons and fingerprint functions not working in win7
    Hi

I think you would need an extension package in order to use the tablet functions on the Portege series.
    I didn’t find the Tablet PC Extension Package for Win 7 but there is an package for Win Vista.

Usually many tools and drivers which were released for Vista would work with Win 7.
    So in my opinion you should try to install additionally this Tablet PC Extension Package.
    I think this should solve the issue with the buttons too!

Regarding the fingerprint;
    I think the message means that an fingerprint was already registered and therefore an second save is not possible.
    Check if you can delete other fingerprints…

3. Re: Portege M750 tablet, buttons and fingerprint functions not working in win7
    Beginner
    hi,
    helpful indeed - the installation of the tablet extension pack for vista , it helps to rotate when i switch for tablet even in win7 64 bit - thanxalot!
    as for buttons, the first left ones still launch ms word and ms excel....
    fingerprints: strangely enough, even if tg´hat was a clean installation, there were my old fingerprints (user "???") registered and it did not allow me to delete untill i found one little finger i did not register with viste BEFORE the CLEAN isnatallation with formatting the HD - is not that strange?

however, the buttons i hope will be ok once the drivers will be updated by toshibq for win7 64 bit, the main issues were solved for me - thank you once again!