Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A30 - battery discharging when connected to mains

1. Satellite A30 - battery discharging when connected to mains
    Beginner
    Hi,

I hope someone can help me!
    I have a Toshiba Satellite A30. It has recently started discharging the battery while it is connected to, and running off, the mains. So the screen icon shows AC power (full power mode) but the % for the battery drops by approx 5% per minute.

The battery light on the laptop is off. If I shut down pc, the light will go orange, to charge. When I reboot, it stays orange for a short time, then goes off again.

Is this a problem with the battery, or the charging lead, or something else? Please help, this is driving me mad, as I keep having to turn it off to recharge it!

Many thanks

2. Re: Satellite A30 - battery discharging when connected to mains
    Master
    In my opinion battery is responsible for this. Satellite A30 is pretty old notebook model so I can imagine the battery is not the best anymore.
    Remove the battery and check the battery sticker. There you will find exact part number. using this part number you can order new battery for your Satellite notebook.

3. Re: Satellite A30 - battery discharging when connected to mains
    Master
    Hello

I agree with the user above. Battery can be charged/recharged up to 500 times and after this it needs replacing.

Using the battery part number you can search for some online shops where you can purchase a new one. Alternative contact nearest authorized service provider. From these you can get all Toshiba spare parts.