Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it

1. Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it
    Beginner
    I just got myself a Kingston V series 64gb SSD drive, but I'm unable to have it detected by windows installers.
    After looking around, I found that drives in Tecra S3 have to be on "1RAID 0" and not JBOD to enable windows to
    be installed on it. (unless you use the recovery CD, which I don't have right now, even if I wanted to use it)

I also found that the "string" needed to get the BIOS to change it when you get to "execute creation"
    is 1,2,3,4, [enter].

But here's the catch : +the BIOS ignores the string.... +
    I type the string, 1234, [enter], and it cancels my desired change as if I said NO and set it back to JBOD.
    (if I don't type the right string, it just get out of it but stays 1raid0 and "execute creation" is still there)
    I tried on one of my other drives, and it worked fine, but for some reason this drive doesn't seem to want me to do it.

I tried the drive on USB (works fine) and the BIOS sees it for what it is, so the drive is working well (from my testing)

Any Ideas on what to do now would really be appreciated, I'm running out of ideas on what I didn't do correctly
    Thanks!

2. Re: Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it
    Hi

> I just got myself a Kingston V series 64gb SSD drive, but I'm unable to have it detected by windows installers

Did you include the RAID driver into Windows before you have tried to install OS again?
    On the Toshiba European driver page you can find the RAID driver which should be included while Windows installation setup.

Regarding the BIOS RAID change;
    Iím not quite sure but it could be possible that you cannot change the RAID option due to the SSD drive.
    If other HDDs work properly and if the RAID can be changed using an common HDD then the issue is related to the new SSD drive.

Maybe you need to update the firmware on the SSD driveÖ check it.

3. Re: Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it
    Akuma
    JBOD is what you should use anyway since you are not running two SSD's in RAID.

Install Windows using the RAID Driver on a Floppy Disk to resolve the 0x0000007B BSOD.