Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L555-10M - Partition D deleted and HDD recovery

1. Satellite L555-10M - Partition D deleted and HDD recovery
    Beginner
    Hi all,

i deleted my partition D on my notebook also the HDD Recovery. Now my Question is how can i get back a Image on this Partition? I have a Recovery CD and i can boot from it but itīs only a Image for Windows 7 32 Bit.
    If i boot from this CD then a Warning appears which asked if i already created a Image. If i click next then it will be format my C Partition.

Can someone tell me how can i create a new Image without format C?

Many Thanks

2. Re: Satellite L555-10M - Partition D deleted and HDD recovery
    Master
    Hi hardpoekel,

Why you deleted the D partition if you didn’t create the Toshiba recovery disk? Sorry, I don’t understand.

I think the point is that the recovery disk what you have now only contains an image of Windows 7 32bit. As far as I know on Satellite L555-10M is Windows 7 64bit preinstalled and to create a recovery disk for this OS you have to use the Toshiba recovery disk creator. But now it’s to late because you deleted the files for this disk.

I think to get back Windows 7 64bit you can only order a recovery disk from Toshiba:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

You can use the current 32bit recovery disk without any problems but it will only restore 32bit version instead 64bit.

3. Re: Satellite L555-10M - Partition D deleted and HDD recovery
    Master
    hi,

I don't know if my advice will be useful:

1. Try to recovery a Hdd image folder using a software called Power.Data.Recovery. There are too many recovery utilities but i like it most of them. Once, it saved my a-s-s.
    2. You can use Acronis True image to make hdd image of current Os.
    3 Order the recovery disk suggested by Xardas.
    4 Use Windows 32/64 bit copy disk.

4. Re: Satellite L555-10M - Partition D deleted and HDD recovery
    Master
    If you have deleted/formatted partition D then is HDD recovery gone and I don't think you can get it again.
    If you want to use Win7 64bit again you must order new recovery DVD from Toshiba and you must pay for it. Sorry.

>Can someone tell me how can i create a new Image without format C?
    Sorry but I don't know what do you mean exactly? What image?