Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD

1. Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
    Beginner
    I am trying to download my movie clips onto dvd, I have tried DVD-R and DVD+RW discs and with both I get the message to please insert a recordable disc. I contacted Sony to ask why I am unable to copy the clips over (I have a sony HD Camcorder) but they have said I need to "insure that you have placed a recordable disc. This will depend on your computer disc drive if it is compatible to use DVD-RW/RW. Please refer to your computer specification for more information."

I have a Toshiba EQuium A200-1V0, does anyone know what type of discs would let me copy onto them?

I have copied pictures onto CD-R previously and had no troubles with these.

2. Re: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
    Master
    Hi sjdscotland,

Iím a little bit confusedÖ What program you are using to burn DVDs?
    What OS you have?

Normally you can copy the movie clips onto the HDD firstly and then try to burn it on DVD using Nero or CD Burner XP.

3. Re: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
    Master
    Hi,

What software do you use to burn disks? Try nero, ashampoo burning studio. I recommend you high quality medias like verbatim and Tdk.

4. Re: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
    Beginner
    I am using windows vista for business. My DVD driver is It is a Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

The reply I got from Sony was "Having received update from my technical department, it would seem that there may be another writing program that conflicts with Sonic. Please check for Adaptec or other UDF program. As it is possible that the Sonic UDF did not install and it is not possible to have reader/writer if Sonic UDF is not installed."

Im not sure how to do this or how to check what is installed, and if this is even the answer which would work?

I also asked them how I can copy to an external hardrive as I am unable to do this too.

5. Re: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
    Master
    You can try Isobuster:

http://www.isobuster.com/udf-reader.php

Also, you can download it from:

http://support.sonic.com/default.asp?product=dvdit

But you have to be registered :)

6. Re: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
    Master
    Hi sjdscotland,

Have you noticed this problem with other burning programs too?
    You can try CD Burner XP or Nero for example. I use CD Burner XP for 6 months now and Iím very satisfied. Itís freeware tool and doesnít need much disk space.

Furthermore you should try deleting the upper and lowerfilters in registry:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060