Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: installing a16 bit windows 95 Program On Tosh Satellite L500 - 1UU

1. installing a16 bit windows 95 Program On Tosh Satellite L500 - 1UU
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L500 - 1UU with Windows 7 64 bit OS factory Installed... I want to install a 16 bit windows 95 program which works on XP and Vista 32bit versions. I tried the compatibility wizard in windows 7 in Win 95, 98, XP, Vista settings but i get the message " out of memory resources". Is there a way around? Will i get same message if i install 32 Bit windows 7? Theres no drivers for windows vista on the support pages well.. Where will i get the drivers for Vista if theres no way around but to change my OS?

2. Re: installing a16 bit windows 95 Program On Tosh Satellite L500 - 1UU
    Master
    Hi,

Maybe, you should install Vmware with Xp environment to run Win 95 programs or look for Windows 95 emulators in Google

3. Re: installing a16 bit windows 95 Program On Tosh Satellite L500 - 1UU
    Akuma
    If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you can use "XP Mode" which is a Virtual PC running Windows XP.

www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

If you dont have Win7 Pro, you can use another Virtualization program such as VMWare

You could also try DOSBox if that program runs via a DOS Prompt, or install XP alongside Win7 (Dual Boot).