Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE

1. Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Beginner
    Hello,
    I have a Satellite Pro A120 laptop. Has long been asking me for a password when starting.

The BIOS password prompt:
    ALERT: System protection failure!
    Password =

I found somewhere that is the problem of the BIOS and should be updated. The Official ASP toshiba costs Ä 67 plus shipping for resetting the BIOS. Somewhere I found that pressing CTRL, TAB, CTRL and ENTER Response Code asks.
    The ASP can provide this code for free?

Thanks.

2. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Master
    Hi,

To be honestly, I have no idea about these codes. Try to contact Asp ask them if they provide this code, Don't think if anyone can response this issue in this forum.

3. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Beginner
    I understand, I do not want to publish here, as do the reset or the response code or if there is a generic key to these cases but if failure of the BIOS and I did not misuse of the product, they should fix it for free, even when out of warranty.

4. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Master
    BIOS password can be deleted only by ASP!
    The response code is not known to me and I assume this code would be generated automatically and itís always differentÖ
    Therefore you need the ASP help!

5. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Beginner
    OK, but free.
    *Anybody got the response code for free?*

6. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Master
    Response code is not a kind of number like serial number for games. Even ASP cannot give you this code.
    Iíve heard that ASP must contact someone from Toshiba to get this generated code.

So, there is no way to get it on this way. You must bring your notebook to ASP and they can remove BIOS password for you.

Please note Ė this is NOT for free. You must pay it.

7. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Beginner
    Thanks, but I do not want to pay because it is a manufacturing defect.

8. Re: Satellite PRO A120 BIOS PASS. RESET BIOS RESPONSE CODE
    Master
    Hello

> it is a manufacturing defect.
    And why itís a manufacturing defect?
    I have a little bit searching using Google and I found nothing about Satellite Pro A120 and BIOS password issues. With other words: If you have forgotton the password, itís your problem and you have to pay for resetting it.

Please donít understand me wrong but if everybody could reset a BIOS password, you can stole a unit and easily delete all passwords. So I think thatís the reason why password resetting is complicated and can only be done from an authorized service provider.

Anyway, if you really think itís a manufacture defect, contact the ASP too and check it for claim. In every case the ASP can help you, here itís only an user forum.

Good luck! :)