Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes

1. Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Beginner
    I have an orange flash error code on my power light (1 long flash 3 short 1 long 2 short 1 long 1 short).....

I have to take the power connector out battery out and start by battery to get it to work......

I'm using Toshiba's windows 7 image with all updates from Microsoft (now I NEEDED a lot of the for verying reasons so don't grill me yet... eg DON"T LOAD MICROSOFT UPDATES blah blah blah)

What does this code mean and is there a Beta Bios above version 3 for these things......

Any helpful comments would be greatly appriciated......

2. Re: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Hi

Short means 0, long means 1.
    In your case the binary code is 1000 1001
    Now you have to reverse the binary code due to most significant bit.
    This means the code is; 1001 0001
    The HEX code means; 91h

So error code is 91h but I don’t know what 91h means and what part could be affected exactly!

Possibly it’s something wrong with power supply electronic on the motherboard… but only the ASP technician could provide more details…
    However, in most cases the motherboard is affected and should be replaced.

Greets

3. Re: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Beginner
    Sadly we changed the motherboard... same error.....
    Then we changed the laptop over with a new one.... Guess what?? same error... !! We even changed the power pack..... but to no avail!!!
    Any other ideas???

4. Re: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Master
    Hi bwatson,

> we changed the motherboard... same error.....
    *We* means exactly? Who changed the mainboard?

In my opnion you should contact an authorized service provider. The guys have professional diagnostic tools to find the reason of this problem. Furthermore if you exchange a hardware, you should be grounded. Otherwise you could destroy the sensible hardware.

On the Toshiba website you can find a list of all ASP’s:
    [http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com] > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

Maybe it’s a grounding issue or the CPU must be replaced… Who knows ?:|

Message was edited by: Xardas

5. Re: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Beginner
    HAHA Your right! Only Toshiba trained techs should repair this....... I have been a Tosh tech for ... a while now but I have to admit I didn't actually do the job (eg WE....) but gave it to another "qualified" Tosh-tech (I think I'm getting lazy ;-b )... Enough of the self promotion carp and saying we should be "goody goodies" ...

Anyone know the answer?? Bueller???

6. Re: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Master
    Error code 91H means - PPV voltage is under 0.32V when the computer is powered on.

So, as “Tosh tech” you will probably understand what that means and what you must do to fix this.

Bye

7. Re: Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes
    Beginner
    I've similar problem with a Toshiba M200. Turns out the battery is the source of the problem. You should try it with another battery.