Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working - Satellite L500 PSLS0A

1. Toshiba Service Station has stopped working - Satellite L500 PSLS0A
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L500 PSLS0A-019002 with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed that I received two months ago as a gift.

Apart from disliking some the quirky and useless (to me) Windows Vista / 7 features, as the desktop is loading I get the error message "Toshiba Service Station has stopped working" which proceeds to find a solution, but apparently never finds one because this condition repeats itself every time I boot.

On another thread in these Toshiba forums, someone suggested downloading the independent utility called Toshiba Service Station and reinstalling it. I do not see such utility listed on the downloads page for my Toshiba model. Since I don't even know what the Toshiba Service Station does (unless it goes by another name - Toshiba Bulletin Board perhaps?), I have no idea what is causing the error or how to correct it.

Does anyone have a more precise solution?

2. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working
    Akuma
    Hi,

Service Station is not currently active in Australia, so you can simply uninstall it.

3. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working
    Master
    As said the user above, you can remove it. it's not important utility and doesn't make a big deal in your system.

4. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working
    Master
    Problem is that such typical Toshiba applications are part of recovery image only and cannot be downloaded on Toshiba support page so if you have such problem i see only two solutions there either you will remove this application from the system or you must reinstall whole recovery image to get it work again.

To avoid new OS installation just remove it from the system and you can continue to use preinstalled OS without this annoying message at start-up.

5. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working - Satellite L500 PSLS0A
    Beginner
    Thank you for your responses.

Unfortunately, I do not know where/how to uninstall the "service station" for the reason I already gave - I don't know what it does or where it was installed. Tje closest in nomenclature to is is "Toshiba Assist" which seems to work in part. There is no listing of any Toshiba utilities in the Add/remove programs in Control Panel, so I have no clue where to go to unistall what I don't know I have. :-/

To complicate matters, my laptop was purchased in Australia by a friend of mine, he had it sent to me in the U.S.A. where it will remain. Does this tool work in the U.S.A.? If so, where do I get it to try to re-install it?

Unfortunately, my laptop seems not to have internatlonal support, so I am locked into the Australian support system where I cannot even register my laptop because it refuses to recognize my address being outside of Australia.

Any further clues?

6. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working - Satellite L500 PSLS0A
    Master
    > To complicate matters, my laptop was purchased in Australia by a friend of mine, he had it sent to me in the U.S.A. where it will remain. Does this tool work in the U.S.A.? If so, where do I get it to try to re-install it?
    As me mentioned by Akuma; Service Station is not currently active in Australia.
    You can remove this.

I assume there is an entry in registry or autostart which allow to load the Toshiba Service Station at the beginning.

You can remove this entry in msconfig -> Startup tab.

But if you would like to install it again then you will need to download the Toshiba Bulletin Board. I think Service Station is a part of Bulletin Board.
    I recommend uninstalling Bulletin Board firstly before you would install this app again.

Greets

7. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working - Satellite L500 PSLS0A
    Beginner
    Is the service station working now?
    I think they updated the procedures recently.

8. Re: Toshiba Service Station has stopped working - Satellite L500 PSLS0A
    Yes, Service Station is active now.