Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot install Canon MP640 USB printer to Satellite L500

1. Cannot install Canon MP640 USB printer to Satellite L500
    Beginner
    I have attempted to install a Canon MP640 printer with USB connection on both Satellite L500 and A300's - after software installation I get the message "USB Device Not Recognised" - the L500 runs Windows 7 the A300 runs Vista - the printer *does run* on an old Desktop PC with XP - so the cable and printers settings are good!

I have downloaded latest Canon drivers, re-installed, etc - when I plug the USB in I get the message - "USB Device Not Recognised"

I did run a Canon MP270 successfully on both L500 and A300 previously.

2. Re: Cannot install Canon MP640 USB printer to Satellite L500
    > software installation I get the message "USB Device Not Recognised" - the L500 runs Windows 7 the A300 runs Vista - the printer does run on an old Desktop PC with XP - so the cable and printers settings are good!

Are you sure that the printer software which you have installed on both notebooks (with Win 7 and Vista) is Win 7/Vista compatible and supported?

I mean you tried the software on computer running Win XPÖ thatís ok but in your case I would ask the printer manufacturer if the printer software is 100% compatible with Win 7 and vista OS.

Greets

3. Re: Cannot install Canon MP640 USB printer to Satellite L500
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Have you downloaded the driver for XP or Vista/Windows 7? On Windows 7 you need another printer driver, this version must be compatible with Windows Vista at least.
    Check this!!!

Furthermore you should remove all USB port from device manager and restart the notebook. The USB ports will be reinstalled.