Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Tempro has stopped working

1. Toshiba Tempro has stopped working
    Beginner
    Hi

I purchased a Tosh Netbook NB-300 108 a couple of weeks ago. For the last few days I get an error messsage when starting up "Toshiba TEMPRO has stopped working", this also happens if I try to start Toshiba bulletin board from the icon.

I have just downloaded Tempro and reinstalled it but the problem is still there.

Can anyone help please?

PS - Win 7 starter operating system

2. Re: Toshiba Tempro has stopped working
    Master
    Hi noakes,

In my opinion Toshiba TEMPRO isnít so important. This tool will inform you about (driver) updates only and install them. This is not necessary if you are satisfied with your notebook and Windows installation. For example I have removed Toshiba TEMPRO.

But normally reinstallation of it should work. Try also to clean up your registry using CCleaner.

3. Re: Toshiba Tempro has stopped working
    Beginner
    Hey, thanks for the response.

I agree that the Tempro app is not essential and I have uninstalled it. The problem is however that other Toshiba apps are also returning the same error, including the PC health check, and bulliten board etc. I find this a bit strange as they all worek OK when delivered.

Thanks

Roy

4. Re: Toshiba Tempro has stopped working
    Master
    Hi noakes,

Iím wondering that the other Toshiba tools give you the same error messageÖ

Maybe something has muddled up the registry or a virus deleted some important files they are necessary to run the programs. Who knows?!

In your case I would recommend reinstalling Windows if no program works. Therefore you can choose the HDD recovery to reinstall the OS.
    Check this!!!