Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?

1. Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    I need to install virus software on my laptop, can anyone help me out with the best one to use at the moment.

2. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Master
    I’m not antivirus applications tester but from point of view very good antivirus software is Avira antivir - http://www.free-av.com/
    I use it for years now. it is good. Do not need much resources, pick up updates alone and so on.

Check it up.

3. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    I was using kaspersky internet security 2010. But due to some reason or another it wasnt getting rid of a keylogger I had downloaded from somewhere. After installing Avast! antivirus it instantly got rid of it and I shortly uninstalled Kaspersky afterwards.

Not to mention its free, the reviews on cnet give it 4.8/5 stars

Check it out: http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html

4. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Master
    Hi buddy,

If you are looking for freeware program I can recommend „AntiVir“ too. In my opinion it’s the best freeware antivirus because it has a fast scan engine and updates will be released very often.

Kaspersky Internet Security is also very nice but not for free.

5. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    if you ask me the best antivirus software I've ever used is ZenOK [Free Antivirus|http://freeantivirus.zenok.com/] , its the best !

6. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    AVG, Kaspersky or Norton are what i always use. I download a lot and have never gotten a virus. They aren't free but for all the features you get with them its worth it.

7. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    Well There are a lot of free Antivirus considered the best like Avast and AVG, I guess because they have been in the market for many years..the are new others like ZenOK free antivirus is also considered a good one or Panda.

8. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    Hi Mate,

If you have a visa of something similar this website recommends "F-secure" which is an antivirus you have to

pay for; but you can get a trial version of this to see how it performs on your laptop.

If you want to free edition of antivirus get "Avira antivirus".

P.S. I personally like to use 'Norton 360 or Norton Antirus'.

All the best,
    -Brent907

9. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Beginner
    AVG-Internet-Security take a year, no complaints, I suggest you protection of super

10. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    Master
    I use Avira antivir too. I use it for years now and for me is the best one. I like it because it doesn’t need much notebook resources, doesn’t slow down notebook’s performance and runs quiet in the background.

11. Re: Whats the best anti virus software at the moment?
    I am using Avast and I am satisfied with it.
    Additionally it is good to use some anti- malware/adware like adwcleaner.
    And adblocking soft like adblock plus
    I was looking for ad blocking soft and came across things like fake adblocker-manger - (even spelling is wrong) which was in bundled installation file

Thanks to Adwcleaner for the removal.

So single antivirus cannot do everything.