Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Sat S300 - How to get Supervisor Password Prompt to Enter Full BIOS Setup?

1. Sat S300 - How to get Supervisor Password Prompt to Enter Full BIOS Setup?
    Beginner
    Have a Satellite PRO S300 (PSSB0A-06500T) which is BSOD-ing with Stop 7B and I want to get into the full part of the BIOS so I can reset boot order to enable me to re-install Win XP.

Esc - F1 just gets me into the restricted part of Page 1 of the ACPI BIOS set-up. I know the Supervisor password! So how do I get to a password prompt that will allow me into both pages of the BIOS set-up.

I have tried F12 on boot to attempt to get into the boot options on the Toshiba splash screen, but that does not work.

2. Re: Sat S300 - How to get Supervisor Password Prompt to Enter Full BIOS Setup?
    Akuma
    I think you hold down a button during power on. Try holding the "INS" key to get the supervisor password prompt to appear.

3. Re: Sat S300 - How to get Supervisor Password Prompt to Enter Full BIOS Setup?
    Beginner
    Many thanks Akuma! I am really very appreciative, particularly as we were getting a little bit desperate!