Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster

1. Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster
    Beginner
    Hi Guys,

New to this Forum, can any one assist us please

Our daughter decided to give keyboard a clean with a duster but this was whilst switched on and now certain letters when keyed perform other functions e.g the letter t brings up the same function as f7. The letter o,e and l also do different things meaning you cannot do anything without huge interuption.

Any ideas chaps . . .?

Thanx

Tim

2. Re: Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster
    Master
    Hi

>The letter o,e and l also do different things meaning you cannot do anything without huge interuption.
    Does this mean that keyboard buttons T, O, E and L don’t work as it should even you typing slowly?

I have no idea why this happened after trying to clean the keyboard but possibly some keyboard buttons are damage.
    The problem is that you cannot remove/replace single buttons and it seems you will need to replace the whole keyboard.

Good luck

3. Re: Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster
    Beginner
    Hi
    Thank you for your reply, the keys seem to work fine. It is just they seem to have been Re-Assigned to do something else like the function keys?

As you type a letter, say " T " for example on goole as you would type "T"oshiba T would bring up the same as F7 would bring up, then close that window and the letter "T" is there?

. . . if that makes sense . . . ?

4. Re: Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster
    Master
    Hi,

can you connect the external usb keyboard to check what happens?

Message was edited by: Jeka-IL

5. Re: Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster
    Master
    For me it makes no sense…
    Even though the keyboard buttons can be pressed properly, I agree with Paupau…
    It could be an keyboard malfunction… even if I don’t see any connection between keyboard cleaning and this issue…

However, check how the notebook works using an external USB keyboard for example…

6. Re: Satellite L500: keyboard issue after cleaning with an duster
    Beginner
    Hi
    Yes we have connected a USB keyboard to the laptop and it works fine!
    I think I will contact Toshiba, as I think aswell it could be a dodgy keyboard?

Tim