Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-DT1 won't Start Up

1. Satellite L500-DT1 won't Start Up
    Beginner
    Hi,

My brother's Laptop refuses to start up, It won't even let me get into Safe Mode by pressing F8, I have to hold the power on button but when I let go the power light comes on for about a second but then disappears.

This happened after It asked him to do a System Restore at start-up, but then it didn't boot up after that, Any help?

2. Re: Toshiba L500-DT1 - Won't Start Up
    Master
    Hi,

Can you enter the Bios pressing F2 on powering up? Have you tried to restore from Hdd recovery? You say that has started after trying to do a System restore, so I guess the bootsect.exe corrupted... If you have Windows live Cd try to boot up from it.

3. Re: Toshiba L500-DT1 - Won't Start Up
    Beginner
    No, The laptop is just giving me a blank screen, and when pressing the power button it's is only showing the power button for a second.

Yes, my brother tried HDD Recovery, but that seems to be what has made it behave like this.

4. Re: Satellite L500-DT1 won't Start Up
    Hi

Maybe something went wrong during system restore and this is the reason why the windows OS refuses to boot up.
    Try the HDD recovery!

Press F8 at the beginning.
    Then choose Repair My Computer and then HDD recovery.
    This will start the HDD recovery process which allows you to reinstall the OS…

I hope this would solve the annoying issue…

5. Re: Satellite L500-DT1 won't Start Up
    Beginner
    I can't even reach that stage, when I try to boot up, the screen stay's blank and the power indicator only turns on for a second and goes off.

6. Re: Satellite L500-DT1 won't Start Up
    Hmmm…. for me it sounds like hardware issue….
    Maybe RAM issue… you could try to remove one of the RAM modules and could check if the notebook would start up using only one module…

Otherwise get in contact with an local ASP (service partner). The notebook should be covered by warranty and everything should be done free of charge.

7. Re: Satellite L500-DT1 won't Start Up
    Master
    I agree with MisterX, it's more like to hardware issue. You should contact the service center in your country, they fix it for free