Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly

1. Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Beginner
    I have installed Windows 7 afresh on a Portege M750 and everything seems fine except the buttons on the display to handle tablet functions. The only one I really would like to work is the screen orientation one. I've looked for drivers, but can't find any that will control the tablet buttons. I read that for the M700 you need to download the tablet driver as it contains the drivers for the buttons, but no such driver exists for the M750.

All devices are ok in device manager with none requiring drivers.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions are very welcome.

2. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Akuma
    Have you installed the Value Added Package from the Toshiba website?

3. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Beginner
    Tried the Value Added Package before. No go. I downloaded the latest version and installed that, still no rotate button. When I press the rotate button all it seems to do is switch applications. Not rotate the screen.

Also, I can't seem to disable "tap to click" on the mouse pad. Downloaded the wacom drivers for the touchpad - nothing extra appears.

This machine along with windows 7 is really starting to annoy!

4. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Beginner
    I have the same problem with my M750.

Here is a screenshot of my button settings: http://fotoalbum.dds.nl/vijv/toshiba_forum/medium/buttons.JPG
    The strange thing is that the buttons do something, but those settings are not shown. For example if I press the little joystick the snipping tool starts.

Also the rotation utility doesn't work. The rotation utility is running and rotation is not disabled.

I deinstalled the value added package and installed the latest version I could find: 1.2.40_64

Windows ultimate 64 English.

It is starting to really annoy me. It is just not possible to use the machine in full tablet mode, screen rotation has to be done by hand with keyboard shortcuts.

5. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Master
    Hi

The Toshiba Euroepan driver page provides two different Value Added Packages.
    One is version 1.2.40 and the other is the version 1.2.28_64-2
    Check both!

Furthermore I looked for drivers published for other Protégé M780 series and found Win 7 32bit Tablet PC Extension Package, and Value Added Package v 1.2.34

Maybe you should try both software on M750 series…

6. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Beginner
    Did that, installed both versions together, deinstalled both versions and tried each single one of them.
    Still the same problem.

7. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Master
    Did you check also the other tools released for other Portege M series?

Check also the software from Toshiba US page:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=2266999& rpn=PPM75U&modelFilter=M750-S7213&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768662

There you can find the Tablet PC Utility which seems to be necessary to get tablet features working on the Portege notebook!

8. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Beginner
    Thanks, there was a 'tablet pc extention' listed on the American site.
    Really stupid the Dutch site didn't mention it.

Everything is working again.

9. Re: Portege M750 with Windows 7 - Screen Rotation Button not working correctly
    Great!!!! This are very good news!!!
    Thanks to PauPau for providing an right link!!!

Great job!