Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Satellite A200 Synaptics Touch pad, scroll doesnt work.

1. Toshiba Satellite A200 Synaptics Touch pad, scroll doesnt work.
    Beginner
    Toshiba Satellite A200 SKU PSAF6A-02Q01N Synaptics Touch pad issues, scroll doesn't work.

Operating system Win7 x64, re-formatted and upgraded from Vista x32, after having initial problems installing drivers and getting everything to work smoothly (for at least 2 months now), i was successful. Today out of the blue the scroll on the touch pad stopped working.

I read on some forums what to do, most said try uninstalling the driver using CCleaner and reinstall.
    Tried to uninstall and re-install driver from Aus Support > Drivers, did this but got error, (something about) not recognising the OS.

I went to the Synaptics website found a driver which was recognised, installed it but not really wanting to restart the pc before i get some advice first. As there is a warning about specific drivers for specific Manufacturers and Models..

Help required, please.

2. Re: Toshiba Satellite A200 Synaptics Touch pad, scroll doesnt work.
    Master
    Hi,

Uninstall the existing touchpad driver and install this one:

http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/tpdrv-en-20090320132707.zip

Recently, it has been already discussed about the touchpad malfunction in this thread. But unfortunately, it didn't help him
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=52689&tstart=30

3. Re: Toshiba Satellite A200 Synaptics Touch pad, scroll doesnt work.
    Beginner
    Thanking you so much.
    Wow, first i did read the thread you posted the link to, so i really thought i wouldnt get a solution, i was wrong.
    Once again thanking you.
    Respect, Jeka-IL.
    RTP

4. Re: Satellite A200 Synaptics touchpad scroll doesnt work
    Master
    Hi

Since the Touchpad drivers donít depend on notebook series, you could use an touchpad drivers released for other series too.

I recommend visiting the Toshiba Europe driver page and to download the Synaptics and Alps touchpad driver.
    These two drivers are necessary in order to get all the additional touchpad features working.

Then you have to go to control panel -> mouse -> device settings and have to check the touchpad properties.
    There you could configure the scroll function and other options.

Greets

5. Re: Satellite A200 Synaptics touchpad scroll doesnt work
    Beginner
    PauPau.
    Yea, since sorting out the scroll issue ive noticed when clicking on the little dark box on the top right side of touch pad the touch pad no longer illuminates blue.
    Actually since installing Win7 ive lost features (when illuminated blue) such as the toshiba radar(?) and email, etc.)

Ive tried downloading drivers from the EU site, but im guessing the Australian model numbers SKU are different to EU model numbers, so it doesnt direct me to the proper driver page. Ive even tried the auto detect, with no luck.

Id love to get it working as it should and any help (with links and instructions, or eu equivalent/corresponding model no. would be great)

Message was edited by: rtpika

6. Re: Satellite A200 Synaptics touchpad scroll doesnt work
    Beginner
    Not completely sorted yet

7. Re: Satellite A200 Synaptics touchpad scroll doesnt work
    Beginner
    Is the Australian model PSAF6A the same as the EU PSAE6A?
    Its the closest im getting on the eu driver site?

8. Re: Satellite A200 Synaptics touchpad scroll doesnt work
    Master
    ok,

As addition, try this touchpad driver:

http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/tpdrv-en-20090320124756.zip

Install it and restart (Don't uninstall the previous one)