Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot start HDD recovery at Satellite A300-1G5

1. Cannot start HDD recovery at Satellite A300-1G5
    Beginner
    I want to recover my Toshiba Satellite A300-1G5 Notebook to factory settings state. But when I run the HDD recovery wizard, It says that the file or program is not found.
    And when I checked to my Partition drive its not also there.

Please help me or post information on what to do or where to get the HDD recovery thing..

Thank you and I hoping for your response from the great community of this forums.\

2. Re: Cannot start HDD recovery at Satellite A300-1G5
    Master
    Hi,

Seems to me, the Hdd recovery image is already not available on your hard drive. Did you make a recovery disk? Otherwise, you need buy from Toshiba, the more information for ordering is:

https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

3. Re: Cannot start HDD recovery at Satellite A300-1G5
    Scholar
    Bad luck my friend.
    Jeka is right. All you can do now is to order new Toshiba recovery installation disc.
    This “thing” cannot be downloaded or something like this.

4. Re: Cannot start HDD recovery at Satellite A300-1G5
    Master
    Hi paultee_1,

If the HDD recovery doesn’t work, you have to use the Toshiba recovery disk. This can restore factory settings too, but the disk wipes the whole HDD so backup all data firstly.

It’s not complicated… Just boot from this disk and follow the screen instructions. Windows will be reinstalled with all drivers and tools automatically. So it shouldn’t be a problem for you. ;)