Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?

1. Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Beginner
    Hi this is not related to my earlier post.

I have installed Windows 7 on this Vista Laptop and it is great software. But I think the Toshiba settings are missing which is causing it to overheat and turn off.

Is there anything I can do to stop it from overheating? Does Toshiba have recommended settings for my specific laptop for running Windows 7. Can I still apply them?

thanks
    kris

2. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Which recommend settings you mean or expect?

In my opinion if your notebook is overheating you should try to clean it using compressed air spray. Blow gently and shortly with compressed air spray and therefore itís not necessary to disassemble the notebook. It could blow out the dust from the cooling ventilators and should be done from time to time.

Check this!!!

3. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Master
    Hi,

Try to clean your laptop, suggested by PinkPanter and check if the correct drivers are installed.

4. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Beginner
    Oh by settings I meant I did a clean install and neglected Toshiba guidelines for Windows 7 install because I didn't kow they existed until now.
    I've only done a fresh install of Windows 7 and nothing on my Laptop is Toshiba related anymore.

The compressed air solution seems to crop up a lot but I just don't think its useful advice because if the problem didn't exist before it must therefore be the Windows 7 Operating system.
    I've heard solutions like the processor is running at 100% and should be capped at 80%. If this was the case would Toshiba have these settings which I could just install and apply to the system.

Also if I recover my system back to Vista can I do the install like as if Toshiba did it for me...all their settings, software and drivers installed with the Windows 7? I'm feeling the directly beneath the Laptop hatch for the processor right now and the heat is IMMENSE, it never got this hot ever when I ran Vista. Surely something is wrong with my settings.

5. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Master
    Go to the Toshiba driver page and install all the drivers for you laptop keeping the right installation order:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

And then reply us, if it works

6. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Beginner
    So if I'm back to Vista now for safety reasons and I follow this guide from Toshiba:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?soid=2455564

will the Toshiba Software Installer install all 24 drivers for me that your previous link gave me for my laptop?

Or do I need to download each and everyone myself and install it all manually? This could be a pain in future if I did a system restore.

7. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Master
    I use Toshiba notebooks for 10 years now and have installed many of them and I can say that Toshiba doeant have such tool that will install all drivers for you.
    If you make clean OS installation you cannot install drivers like a package but each of them must be installed manually one by one in the right installation order.

If you have European notebook model don't check US pages so much because you can be just more and more confused.
    For all you need visit European Toshiba support page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

8. Re: Satellite L300D-800 - Specific settings for Windows 7?
    Master
    If you don't have a Vista recovery disk or Hdd recovery image, you have to install the drivers yourself. Nobody will come and install you. As I understand, the windows 7 is already installed on your computer, just go to the driver page, choose your model and download. I don't know exactly the installation order for your laptop, some other users can help you. But it should go like this:

1 chipset utility
    2 storage matrix
    3 display driver
    4 Sound card
    5 Lan card
    6 Touchpad driver