Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot boot Satellite L500 - new out of the box

1. Cannot boot Satellite L500 - new out of the box
    Beginner
    Help!

Just got the laptop out of the box (new) - turned it on.
    Windows 7 Administrtaor account is locked and Other User won't recognise password / name.

Help!

2. Re: Cannot boot Satellite L500 - new out of the box
    Master
    Hi

Try this:
    Power up the unit and press F8.
    Choose Repair My Computer and then choose HDD Recovery.
    The HDD recovery should start again and you should be able to reinstall the OS.

Good luck

3. Re: Cannot boot Satellite L500 - new out of the box
    Master
    Hi SBAUST,

Did the notebook finish the Windows installation or did you get the User log on screen immediately after first start?

Maybe it was a second hand notebook from your computer shop. In your case I would contact the shop and ask for that. They should help you!!!

4. Re: Cannot boot Satellite L500 - new out of the box
    Master
    Hi,

When I purchased my lap it didn't ask any password and wasn't locked. As suggested by Tonny, make HDD recovery installation or contact the shop you' ve bought.

greets

5. Re: Cannot boot Satellite L500 - new out of the box
    Ask your local dealer if your notebook was in showroom. Maybe someone has defined account and password.
    New notebooks are delivered with preinstalled operating system and when you start it for the first time OS installation must be finished and that means there is no administrator account.

Anyway, guys above are right. Put it back to “factory settings” and everything will be OK.