Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery disk Creator & data partition won't work - Satellite L300

1. Recovery disk Creator & data partition won't work - Satellite L300
    Beginner
    My niece asked me to re-install her Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop, because the windows installation is rather buggy. She didn't have a recovery disk. Using Toshiba's Recovery Disk Creator I tried creating a recovery disk.

However, the program wouldn't start. Checking the directory of the program, it would seem that the program simply isn't there. Afterwards, I checked the data partition of the laptop.

There was a map with HDD recovery. However when using Windows' advanced boot (F8 before Windows startup) there was no choice of repairing the notebook. They only choices were the standard windows options (Save mode, normal start, etc.).

In short, it seems impossible to re-install the notebook with the current information at hand.
    What would be the next course of action? Is it possible to order a recovery CD from Toshiba?

Another niece has the same notebook, would it be possible to use that notebook to create a recovery disk?

I'll appreciate and look forward to your reactions.

2. Re: Recovery disk Creator & data partition won't work - Satellite L300
    Hi

It looks like something has been changed on the HDD…
    However, fact is you’ve no Recovery disk and you cannot use HDD recovery option.

This means you need to order a new Recovery disk from Toshiba.

You can do this here:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

PS: one tip… if you would use a search option of this forum, you would find the right answer too ;)

3. Re: Recovery disk Creator & data partition won't work - Satellite L300
    If you want to have “factory settings” again and preinstalled Toshiba recovery image you must order original Toshiba recovery installation disc. Just follow link posted by MisterX.

As far as I know you cannot use other laptop to create this image.

BTW: have both notebooks the same model number (PAxxxx)?