Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159

1. Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Beginner
    I make excuses myself for the insistence, I have followed the way indicated from Tonny, but the driver it is not settled, Xp in compatible way is slowest and I cannot use dual boot with Win 7. I have tried with Nlite+Xp but it continues not to read the fixed disc. thanks

2. Re: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Master
    Seems you are speaking about this thread:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=198612

I don’t understand… the driver is a part of the graphic card driver as suggested by Tonny…
    The driver has been found in graphic card driver as well…
    Please check and read the readme.txt in the driver folder. Maybe it could provide more details…
    Sorry mate but there is no other SATA driver… the SATA driver in graphic card folder is the right one…

Please ensure that your Win XP disk contains at least SP2 but better would be SP3

PS: if you are using SATA driver then the SATA mode should be set to AHCI

Greets

3. Re: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Beginner
    it does not go, the driver in sbdrv is sil31 ** I task for the external sata taken one. xp in ahci it does not work and in compatible way it is slowest.
    alternatives?
    thanks

P.S.excused to my English but use translators

4. Re: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Master
    Hi Farbrizio59,

Why does the driver not go? I mean since it’s a part of the display driver it’s compatible to your notebook model.
    Maybe you didn’t use it properly. You have to use an external FDD to load it during XP setup or you create a new XP disk using nLite.

Alternative use the Compatible mode but that’s all what you can do!!

5. Re: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Beginner
    The driver from Toshiba "display-20091120140000.zip" sbdrv\sata\contains files Silicon 3112,is it correct ? If I install them in xp is yellow triangle with ATI hardware (I think external SATA). if installing xpsp2 with disc created with nlite+ driver in question, blue screen with bios in AHCI.

6. Re: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Hi

The SATA driver is the SI3112.inf file
    This INF file installs the Silicon Image Serial ATA non-Raid driver for the SiI 3x12 controllers on systems running Windows 98/ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.

But I recommend adding all the files from the \SBDrv\SATA too.
    Include also the SMBUSati.inf from SBDrv\SMBUS
    Try also with WIn XP SP3!!!

You could also try to install the Win XP in compatible mode and could add the SiI 3x12 controller to an existing Windows XP.

Please read the readme.txt in the \SBDrv\SATA folder!!!

7. Re: Still need AHCI driver for Win XP for Satellite L500D-159
    Beginner
    Je passe , (otherwise it I throw from the window) with Xp or compatible way or nothing. Thanks of all