Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400-103 going to unstoppable reboot

1. Portege M400-103 going to unstoppable reboot
    Beginner
    I have portege m400-103 from end of 2006 year.

Some months ago I found a trouble - if I reboot the noutbook, then after detecting hardware and after enter the password nout switch off the power and starting again in cycle. Power reset happend before OS booting.

After removing hdd, power on, power off, installing hdd again and power on in 50% all booting normally.
    I see the SMART on hdd and bad blocks - all normally.

And yet another thing - if nout not to reboot the nout - all working fine some weeks without any problems. I close the cover and note going to sleep and waik up then absolutly fine in some weeks.

What can i do with it?

2. Re: Portege M400-103 going to unstoppable reboot
    Master
    Hi

It’s a little bit hard to understand the posting but it seems that the notebook does not boot correctly – sometimes.

>I see the SMART on hdd and bad blocks
    SMART monitors the HDD and provides details if something would be wrong with the HDD
    Maybe the issue is related to the HDD…
    This could be possible…

Therefore I would recommend checking the HDD. Maybe the notebook would functions using a new HDD…

3. Re: Portege M400-103 going to unstoppable reboot
    Master
    Hi

I’m a little bit confused now... I mean if your HDD has defective sectors that mean you have to exchange the HDD. This would also explain why the OS isn’t boot properly anymore.

In your case I would look for a replacement drive. Just have a look on some online shops or ask the authorized service provider in your country.
    After this you can use the Toshiba recovery disk to reinstall the OS.