Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite T110-11U - Where to find HDD partition recovery key?

1. Satellite T110-11U - Where to find HDD partition recovery key?
    Beginner
    hi (again)

I'm trying find find the recovery key(s) for hdd partion if any one knows them I would be greatful

regards mat
    thanks for your help

2. Re: Satellite T110-11U - Where to find HDD partition recovery key?
    Master
    Hi buddy,

Which keys you mean exactly? That’s not clear enough.

Furthermore the notebook doesn’t have a recovery partition. If you mean the Windows RE partition that is hidden, that’s not a Toshiba feature. It’s a Windows feature and has nothing to do with Toshiba.

The HDDrecovery files are stored on a second partition of the HDD. You can start this feature if you go in advanced boot menu and select “Repair my Computer”. The factory image will be loaded and installed.

On the bottom side of the notebook you should find a serial number for Windows on a sticker. It belongs to the preinstalled Windows version can’t be used with normal Windows disks.

3. Re: Satellite T110-11U - Where to find HDD partition recovery key?
    Master
    Hi

At first I must say that I really don't understand what kind of “key” you try to find.
    For recovery image and recovery image installation you don't need any “key”.

If you think about “activation key” you don't need it.

Please let us know what key you try to find and I will try to answer your question.

4. Re: Satellite T110-11U - Where to find HDD partition recovery key?
    Beginner
    well what i could understand that you want to restore your factory settings without recovery disk just because of you lost it or maybe you have formatted your C: partition as mistake anyway if this is the problem then no problem.

Just make sure that you did not break the partition if you formatted your pc if you wouldn't do that so all you need to do is turn off your pc while holding down power button for 5 seconds (this method forces computer to shut down and yopu will lose all unsaved data.
    now press and hold 0 (zero) key and then turn ON the power,after toshiba's start-up logo screen you will see WINDOWS SETUP ENABLED press ENTER.here you are done to use your recovery partition for restoring your windows vista's factory shape.

thank you!
    Hussain