Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-785 can i upgrade vedio memory from bios

1. Satellite A100-785 can i upgrade vedio memory from bios
    Anas
    Dear all how are you
    hope ur doing good
    i am using toshiba satellite a100-785 with windows 7 ulti and i am a gamer i installed new game need hght graphic crd
    and mine is 256MB so is there any whay i can upgrad from bios please let me know the steps if its can be done

thanks best regard

Anas Taha

2. Re: Satellite A100-785 can i upgrade vedio memory from bios
    Master
    No, you cannot increase RAM of graphic card.
    The graphic card memory is always controlled by graphic card driverÖ.
    This means that if additional memory would be necessary, then the graphic card driver would add a part from main memory to graphic card memoryÖ

The whole process runs automatically and you cannot assign anything manually.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite A100-785 can i upgrade vedio memory from bios
    Master
    Hey Anas Taha,

Unfortunately itís not possible to upgrade the memory of the graphic card. As PauPau wrote this will be controlled automatically.
    Furthermore itís not possible to upgrade the graphic card because itís soldered on the mainboard.

I donít know which game you have installed but maybe it will run properly if you reduce the screen resolution and/or details.