Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro L10-135 no recovery disks, need to restore

1. Satellite Pro L10-135 no recovery disks, need to restore
    Beginner
    Hi

We have a Satellite Pro L10-135: Intel with Windows XP.

The laptop is a few years old and is full of spyware, my partner has also accidently deleted some program files. I have removed all personal files and would like to completely reformat the unit to factory condition.

But she has lost the recovery CDs. I have tried to get them from Toshiba, but when I enter the serial number it says that its too old and the disc is unavailable. I've also tried to find the Toshiba Recovery Disk Creator, but on the start menu, it is nowhere to be found instead it says Start>All Programmes>Toshiba>Networking or Start>All Programmes>Toshiba>Utilities.

I need the process to be idiot-proof as I am not too confident with computers, so I would like to get a genuine Toshiba restoration, rather than attemting to download individual drivers, etc.

Does anyone know where I could buy or download the disc in the UK?

Many thanks.

2. Re: Satellite Pro L10-135 no recovery disks, need to restore
    Master
    It is always problematic with old notebook models but what you can try is to contact nearest authorized Toshiba service provider in your country and ask for help.
    Maybe they have somewhere archived old recovery discs and can help you with this.

One more thing: very often I saw that people offer recovery discs on eBay.
    Check it out. Maybe you will be lucky and find recovery disc for your notebook model there.

3. Re: Satellite Pro L10-135 no recovery disks, need to restore
    Master
    You don't need original recovery disc.
    Use Microsoft installation disc. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities for this notebook model you can download from Toshiba support page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads.