Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded

1. The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    Beginner
    Earlier today, I received this message after entering my password as usual, 'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded', and now I cannot logon to my laptop at all using my password or face recognition software. I've tried shutting the computer down several times and it still comes up with this error. There isn't anything in the user manual about what to do in this situation. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

2. Re: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    Master
    Hi

Seems the user profile has been manually changed or deleted…
    Why?
    Who knows…

But here is an MS Knowledge base article:

Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

Check this and follow the instruction in the doc…
    Maybe it could be helpful.

3. Re: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    Beginner
    Thanks for the help, but I cannot access the computer properties box since nothing happens if I press start, I'm just being left on the login page, with no way of going to any other page! I'm beginning to wish that I had had the foresight to make a guest user account in cases like this!

4. Re: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    Master
    I’ve never faced with this issue and I would like to know if you have the same problem when you start your notebook in safe mode (F8). Can you check it?

5. Re: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    Beginner
    I've just tried it on safe mode, and have been able to fix the account thanks to the link from PauPau. Thankyou both ever so much for the help; I was worried that I'd have to send the laptop to a company to have them fix it, and now if the problem occurs again, I now know what to do! :)

6. Re: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    Beginner
    Hi, I'm having the exact same problem as little_teapot , I cannot get past the login screen. I went onto the Toshiba support site which asked me to do a system recovery using the F8 key on start up. So I tried this but the problem I'm having is when I turn on the computer holding in the F8 key, nothing happens, it just goes through start up as normal and then it just ends up at the login screen telling me that the user profile cannot be loaded. I've tried it a couple of times and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with the safe mode start up? Also the notebook is a P500/020 and is only 2 months old running Windows 7? if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

7. Re: The user profile service on my Satellite L350-277 cannot be loaded
    The F8 key should be pressed after the machine has started and before windows starts to load - try immediately after the initial screen has cleared