Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A505-S6973 - mute and eco utility touch buttons doesn't work

1. Satellite A505-S6973 - mute and eco utility touch buttons doesn't work
    Timothy
    Goodnight fellow toshiba users,

I presently own a Satellite A505-S6973 serie laptop.

My problem; I have the laptop configured to automatically download and install windows updates. I can't recall when the last update was but now both the mute and eco utility touch buttons doesn't work. I searched through the laptops configuration mode and found a tab where I can register the buttons to active when i press mute and eco,, but my problem is i don't know when browsing where to find the application to register the buttons too.

location of the configuration mode - FN (function) button, select the man icon, then select the button icon. That's when a prompt opens - Toshiba Button Support.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do, because i really like this laptop and features included, and would appreciate having everything configured and working once again.

Thanks.

2. Re: Satellite A505-S6973 - mute and eco utility touch buttons doesn't work
    Master
    Hi

> but my problem is i don't know when browsing where to find the application to register the buttons too.

From my knowledge some apps were placed in c:/Program Files/Toshiba/TBS
    But this was a case on Toshiba notebooks with preinstalled Vista OS.

However, fact is that VAP (value added package) controls the Toshiba Multimedia Buttons. I recommend reinstalling the VAP and the Toshiba eco Utility

PS: this unit belongs to Toshiba US series… you need to use this page in order to get the software for this series;
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp

3. Re: Satellite A505-S6973 - mute and eco utility touch buttons doesn't work
    Akuma
    Try reinstalling:

Toshiba Value Added Package
    Flashcards Support Utility