Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U500-10E - Recovery disk creation after Windows 7 upgrade

1. Satellite U500-10E - Recovery disk creation after Windows 7 upgrade
    Beginner
    I bought a Satellite U500-10E with Vista os, and I decided to upgrade to Windows 7, so I ordered from Toshiba the upgrade discs and installed it.

*My question is*: *Is it possible to create recovery discs with Windows 7?*, to avoid the inconvenience to install first vista then make the upgrade of windows 7

Everytime I need to make a clean install and also to avoid the inconvenience that it is not too recommended to validate windows everytime you make a clean install because problems of authenticity may emerge with microsoft!

thanks

2. Re: Satellite U500-10E - Recovery disk creation after Windows 7 upgrade
    Master
    Hi m.tarek,

I doubt that this would possible. Firstly you only ordered an upgrade, that means this version can only be installed on a preinstalled Vista version. It’s not a full version that you can install without OS.

Furthermore the recovery files on the second partition (btw, that’s an image) contains the Vista OS and not Windows 7. This will not be updated.

Sorry mate, but therefore it’s necessary always to make this upgrade. Alternative you can create your own image using Acronis True Image or another image software.

3. Re: Satellite U500-10E - Recovery disk creation after Windows 7 upgrade
    Master
    If your notebook is delivered with Vista this recovery image is saved on second partition. when you use “Toshiba recovery disc creator” it pick up info from this saved data and you will have Vista recovery disc/discs.

“Toshiba disc recovery creator” is not application that creates current state.
    >... to install first vista then make the upgrade of windows 7.
    Unfortunately it will works on this way only.