Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: NB 305 & broadcom crystal hd card

1. NB 305 & broadcom crystal hd card
    Beginner
    Hi.

Looking at buying one of the NB305 netbooks but wanted to check if there's anyway these can play H.264 encoded mkv files. I know the pinetrail cpu would probably struggle, but I've read that the broadcom crystal hd card can get around this issue. Would the the NB305 cope with this card as it requires a spare PCIe slot? Guessing there's no option of buying the card with the netbook like you can do with the dell mini 10 and hp mini 311?

Cheers.

Message was edited by: pompeypirate

2. Re: NB 305 & broadcom crystal hd card
    Master
    Hi mate

I don’t see any reasons why you should not be able to watch and play H.264 encoded mkv files.
    The files might be a little bit bigger due to the high definition resolution but and simply VLC player (small tool for free) should be able to play such file…

> Would the the NB305 cope with this card as it requires a spare PCIe slot?
    ….No…. you cannot insert, upgrade this notebook with any additional PCI cards…
    This is not possible.

3. Re: NB 305 & broadcom crystal hd card
    Akuma
    I agree, the latest Atom CPU's should be able to render MPEG4 Video.

Try another H.264 decoder if your current decoder is too slow.

4. Re: NB 305 & broadcom crystal hd card
    Beginner
    [nb305|http://laptop-download.blogspot.com/2010/06/nb-305-sp1055m-drivers-for-windows-7-xp.html] new drivers help