Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L550 - Flash Cards stopped working after Windows 7 64bit repair

1. Satellite L550 - Flash Cards stopped working after Windows 7 64bit repair
    Beginner
    I tried installing/reinstalling/uninstalling and then installing again, Toshiba Value Added Package and flash cards support utility. No luck...
    Flash cards utility is installed: [https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3002908/Capture.PNG]
    What now? :)

Laptop model: L550-15F (PSLN4E)

Also, does anyone know why a search for drivers for my model returns bluetooth stack package but my model doesn't seem to have bluetooth? :)

2. Re: Satellite L550 - Flash Cards stopped working after Windows 7 64bit repair
    Master
    Hi

Wait a moment, please! In which order you have installed/reinstalled the Value Added Package and Flash Cards Support Utility? It would be interesting to know what you have done exactly.

I have used the following “repair” order for this problem:
    I uninstalled Flash Cards Support Utility and then Value Added Package. I did make a restart and cleaned the system by using CCleaner. One restart more and I installed Value Added Package firstly and then Flash Cards Support Utility. Now I did make the last restart and the FN keys started to work!

It’s important that you install the new versions for Windows 7!
    That means Flash Cards Support Utility version 1.63.0.4 and VAP version 1.2.34_64. I founded both on the Toshiba website :)

3. Re: Satellite L550 - Flash Cards stopped working after Windows 7 64bit repair
    Beginner
    can't remember exactly. i was very frustrated, i know i checked cc cleaner and didn't find anything related to value added package or flash cards utility.
    i will try again, though, like you described it and see if i'm lucky this time:)
    thx!