Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD

1. Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Beginner
    Hi,

Could any one help? I tried running recovery from the Hard drive, but got the following error.

Error: F3-FF00-0006
    Failed to get the ID of the specified partition.

If you know of any keys to get into the hard disk again pls let me know. I tried to get into the recovery wizard, but the system keeps running a diagbostic or something. Asking me to inset the network cable and then also asks for a boot disk and the keeps going on and on. I tried restarting, but the same....

cheers
    Nox

2. Re: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Akuma
    Perhaps the Hard Disk or RAM has a problem. You can test them with bootable CD's:

RAM test: www.memtest.org
    HDD test: Google for "Hitachi DFT"

3. Re: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Master
    Hi nox,

Thatís strange...
    Have you also Toshiba recovery disk? If yes try it, please. Maybe only something is wrong with the HDD recovery procedure.

In worst case itís related to HDD or RAM as Akuma wrote. Therefore download these special test tools! :)

4. Re: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Beginner
    I have the same problem. Have u found an answer Nox? I can't boot my L500 laptop, says check cable (to HDD presumably).

My problem is because I clicked the Cancel button while running Toshiba's Recovery Wizard from HDD. NO warning given this would make the machine unbootable, & make another recovery impossible till a way around this error found!!

Have u tried ringing Toshiba for an answer?

5. Re: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Scholar
    As far as I know Cancel button can be used before recovery installation actually starts so I think it cannot be responsible for non-working recovery procedure.

Do you see the same F3-FF00-0006 error?

6. Re: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Beginner
    Yes same error # Timox.

I hit the cancel button after Toshiba Recovery Wizard wiped C: partition & was copying files back onto the partition. Bad timing in hindsight, but I thought it wouldn't stop me restoring again like u thought (I wanted to reduce partition size next time) & cancel button didn't warn otherwise, just immediately shut down recovery & the laptop.

I rang Toshiba today as laptop only 2 months old. They are sending Recovery Disks which should enable me to recover to factory settings. They say error is due to a corruption in the recovery partition on the HDD.

I had tried 3 times to create a system image of C: by Windows 7, but each time on verifying the image I had the message "Windows Backup found errors on the media while saving a backup on it & cannot use it for additional backups". I tried to have Windows restore from that DVD, but it wouldn't even recognise DVD as a Win backup.

I searched the net for a solution to that, but didn't find one, so I'll post here in case its specific to some Toshiba setup.

Will b week b4 Recovery Discs arrive.

7. Re: Satellite L - Error during recovery from HDD
    Beginner
    Just letting forum readers know that the Toshiba System Recovery Discs got my laptop backrunning correctly with factory settings. So it seems my HDD recovery program or data had become corrupted.