Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work

1. Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Beginner
    I've installed XP on my L300-110 (PSLB0E), cause I don't like Vista. I have installed all drivers, and everything is quiet OK. But one little thing annoying me - wireless on/off switch, it doesn't work. So I can turn on Wi-Fi only by tapping Start -> Connections and so on.

I need help! Who can tell me, what driver or software should I install? Many thnx!

2. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Master
    Hi

Do you mean the hardware switch on the fron side of the notebook?
    Normally this switch always works because it’s hardware based and always must be set to “ON” if you want to use WLAN and “OFF” to disable WLAN.

Have you tested the switch on preinstalled OS from Toshiba? Maybe it’s a hardware problem…

Make sure that latest drivers are installed!!

3. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Beginner
    It's not a hardware problem, cause switch worked properly on perinstalled OS.

But now there's no matter, switch ON or OFF, the WLAN works or not only depending on settings in Start -> Connections.

4. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Hi

Usually you could enable or disable the WLan using the key combination FN + F8.
    This allows you to switch between WLan, BT or to disable both devices.

Check this.

5. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Beginner
    I've tried combination Fn+F8, there's a result: when the switch is OFF and key combination pressed, a message appeared, something like "WLAN is off, turn on the switch..." and when the switch is ON and key combination pressed - nothing happens, no message...

6. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    You may a problem with XP and wireless networking with windows and the wireless cards manufacturers software. Look at this [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871122] for advice about configuration

7. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Beginner
    peterk_1, this link is not what I need. My WLAN configured and works, but I can't turn it ON or OFF, using switch. The switch is definitely OK, it's not broken, I think, some software must be installed...

Message was edited by: Zakat

8. Re: Satellite L300 - Wireless on/off switch don't work
    Master
    Hi

Here is installations order list for my Satellite A300. Maybe you will find some other drivers for your L300 but the principle is the same. Please check this list and be sure all stuff is installed properly.

Windows XP
    Chipset Utility
    Display driver
    Sound driver
    LAN driver
    Touch Pad Driver
    Card Reader
    Intel Robson Driver
    TOSHIBA Software Modem
    Region Select Utility
    WLAN driver
    Chicony Camera Software
    Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
    TOSHIBA Common Module
    TOSHIBA Power Saver
    TOSHIBA Controls
    TOSHIBA PC Diagnostic Tool
    TOSHIBA Hotkey Utility
    TOSHIBA TouchPad On Off Utility
    TOSHIBA Utilities
    TOSHIBA Assist
    TOSHIBA ConfigFree
    TOSHIBA SD Memory Utilities
    CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer

Anyway, WLAN enable/disable option works with FN+F8 key combination. You wrote:
    # “when the switch is OFF and key combination pressed, a message appeared, something like "WLAN is off, turn on the switch..." > THIS IS OK
    # “when the switch is ON and key combination pressed - nothing happens, no message...” > in this case you should see something like THIS but with Wi-Fi and DISABLED options only (if your notebook doesn’t have BT module)