Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio G30 - RAID cannot mirror new 500GB HDD

1. Qosmio G30 - RAID cannot mirror new 500GB HDD
    Beginner
    I have installed 2 new identical 500GB harddisks in my Qosmio G30 with Windows XP.

System is working good but the disk cannot be mirrored. Report from Raid controller is "Status Normal Operation"

This disk cannot be used for mirroring because it is outside of RAID management".

Who can tell me if this is a disk error or is the 500GB disk to big for the toshiba raid controller in with Windows XP?

2. Re: Qosmio G30 - RAID cannot mirror new 500GB HDD
    > Who can tell me if this is a disk error or is the 500GB disk to big for the toshiba raid controller in with Windows XP?

HmmÖ. Iím not quite sure but it could be possible that the 500GB HDD is too big for mirroring mode.

But did you try to change the mode in Toshiba RAID consoler which you could find in Toshiba Assist -> Protect & Fix -> RAID Console

Check if you can switch to Mirroring.

By the way; is RAID-1 set in the BIOS?
    Usually when using the RAID-1 configuration, the RAID mode is set to mirroring. In such case the OS recognizes the lesser capacity of the two HDDs (in your case itís not important since you are using both 500GB HDD).

Check this!