Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300-1EG - Webcam driver open fail after mainboard exchange

1. Satellite A300-1EG - Webcam driver open fail after mainboard exchange
    Beginner
    All greetings.

Recently took the laptop with the service center, he changed the motherboard. Prior to the service center the camera worked well, but after he took early displayed an error "Webcam driver open fail. Restart camera or computer." Read posts on this subject anywhere advised to update the BIOS, I renewed but nothing helped.

This could be due to the fact that in the service center have forgotten something to connect to the motherboard? Because in the Device Manager do not see a web camera. I have a Toshiba Satellite A300-1EG number PSAG4E.

Thanks in advance for the answer. I would like to be quick to get to know to go tomorrow to a service center or not.

2. Re: Satellite A300-1EG - Webcam driver open fail after mainboard exchange
    Master
    Hi kuhar2007,

Maybe the authorized service provider has forgotten to connect the cable but before you contact them again you should try reinstalling webcam driver. You can get the latest version here:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

Normally the webcam should be listed in device manager after this. If not you should contact the ASP again. Explain this problem and they will try to help you. ;)

3. Re: Satellite A300-1EG - Webcam driver open fail after mainboard exchange
    Beginner
    All thanks.
    They really forgot to connect it