Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?

1. Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
    Beginner
    Hello,

since I've upgraded my OS to Windows 7 I have some troubles. Generally I noticed my notebook would't work as well as it was on Vista 32bit. Especially with online games (souch as counter strike 1.6).

The problem is I don't have my backup DVD's because my DVD burner wouldnt work at all :/ Now I just wonder how could I get back to win Vista without DVD's. Is that even possible? I also didn't get CD's whet I bought my notebook. So what should I do?

null

2. Re: Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
    Master
    Hi stab,

I think I havenít good news for you: Restoring to factory settings without Toshiba recovery disk isnít possible in your case! :(

First of all I think itís normal that no recovery disks are delivered anymore with the notebook because you have to create them yourself by using Toshiba recovery disk creator. Therefore itís recommendable using high quality mediums like Verbatim DVD-R.

I think the only option to get factory settings back is ordering a new recovery disk from Toshiba.
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

I donít understand why you didnít create this disk because after first start if you put the notebook out of box, you get the following message:
    +Important INFORMATION+

+your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. if you need to repair+
    +your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly+
    +from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"+
    +and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.+

+Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" to ensure+
    +hat you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your computer+
    +gets seriously damaged+

3. Re: Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
    Master
    What you can try is to see if you can start HDD recovery installation > http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm
    Iím not sure if this will work (didn't test it yet) but you can try to see what will happen.

If this will not work I Ďm afraid your last chance is to order original recovery disc. Link is posted by Xardas.
    Good luck.