Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: ACPI\QCI0701 on Satellite T130?

1. ACPI\QCI0701 on Satellite T130?
    Beginner
    Hello,

I recently purchased a Satellite T130-10U and decided to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit in Portuguese on the machine.

I was able to install most drivers via the standard Windows 7 disc and a few from the Toshiba Driver Downloads; however there is still one outstanding device unaccounted for.

I am referring to one identified as ACPI\QCI0701 as its Hardware ID. I am unable to identify what this device is in order to apply the necessary driver.

I have searched both this forum and Google it too but was not able to find any useful information.

Is anyone able to help me identify this device?

Many thanks and best regards,
    Carnino

2. Re: ACPI\QCI0701 on Satellite T130?
    Beginner
    Upon further searching it seems that this device should be identified as "*Generic IO & Memory Access*" from the "*QIOMem Disk*" but cannot find that driver available on the list of drivers supplied by the Toshiba Support site.

Any ideas where I can get it?

+PROVIDER_NAME="TOSHIBA"+
    +DESCRIPTION="Generic IO & Memory Access"+
    +WDM_INSTALL_DISK="QIOMem Disk"+
    +SERVICE_DISPLAY_NAME="Generic IO & Memory Access"+

+DriverVer=06/02/2009,2,1,0,0+
    +QIOMem.sys+

3. Re: ACPI\QCI0701 on Satellite T130?
    Beginner
    Well, it seems I may be answering my own question, but post it anyway to help others that may have the same problem.

The device should be identified as *Generic IO & Memory Access* and can be found in the *Hardware Setup* at Toshiba's Driver Downloads and described as being:

This tool lets you customize your hardware settings according to the way you work with your computer and the peripherals you use.

4. Re: ACPI\QCI0701 on Satellite T130?
    Great and thanks for sharing this with us!