Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Where can I get a recovery DVD for Satellite M70?

1. Where can I get a recovery DVD for Satellite M70?
    Beginner
    Hi,

My friend has an M70-396 and has no recovery disc and can't get to the recovery console or windows.

I've tried to order him the disc from the recovery media link on this site but it says that they don't have discs for models from 2007 or earlier.

I have a DVD from my own M50 which is a bit older but has the same O/S - I assume this wouldn't work?

If not, where can I get him one from? He didn't get one in the box or lost it so I don't know what to do except buy a Windows CD and do it from scratch but would prefer to do the Toshiba recovery if possible.

Any help much appreciated!

CJ

2. Re: Where can I get a recovery DVD for Satellite M70?
    Master
    I can just imagine authorized service provider in your country has one in the archive and can give you for OS installation. If not it is not the end of the world.
    For OS installation you can use Microsoft WXP installation disc. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can download from Toshiba support page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads.

Good luck.

3. Re: Where can I get a recovery DVD for Satellite M70?
    Master
    Recovery discs with recovery images are designed for certain notebook models and you cannot use your disc with Satellite M70.
    In my opinion you should use Microsoft WXP installations disc for operating system installation. As Ivan wrote all Toshiba stuff you can download from Toshiba support page.

OK each driver, tool and utility must be installed separately but I am sure you have anough time to do this. ;)