Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P500 - sound going loud-soft-loud

1. Satellite P500 - sound going loud-soft-loud
    Beginner
    I specifically bought the Toshiba Satellite (my fourth in a row) to take advantage of the lovely harmon/kardon speakers.

I find that the volume is going loud and soft all the time, specifically going softer when there appears to be something in the music (or whatever Im listening to) that would normally go louder. It's almost as if it is trying to 'normalise' the volume. Whatever is happening, it sounds terrible.

I've done a quick search on thee forums and I can't see a solution. I have seen on the greater internets (simply google Toshiba loud soft" and it pops up) someone else with the same problem.

I've messed around with the sound for hours at a time and had absolutely no luck.

I'm at my wits end. Can some please help me?

2. Re: Satellite P500 - sound going loud-soft-loud
    Have you discovered "Smart Audio" in your control panel? - I no nothing about what it does but there are lots of icons and sliders to play with!
    I also know that my "Windows Update" has nvidia high definition audio driver -August 09 sitting there as an optional update