Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language

1. Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language
    Beginner
    Hi,

in my Thread "Why won't Satellite 4090XCDT not boot with DVD-R/W drive?" I wished to supply further information, but my message was rejected with:

"Error Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language. In the interests of your fellow forum users, we would ask you to amend your message."
    My message started with:

"On reading the manuals, I found the hint in the directions for using tsetup:
    HDD Primary IDE (1F0H/IRQ14) (...)
    CD-ROM Secondary IDE (170H/IRQ15)"

and I am very sure, that I did not use any inappropriate language. So, I find that my Toshiba notebook is behaving peculiar and the Toshiba support forum as well. I propose you simply delete my membership and any postings from me, to avoid further trouble?!

2. Re: Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language
    Master
    From time to time something like this happen to me too.
    Just use EDIT option and change the content of your message. It worked for me.

3. Re: Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language
    The acronym for "as far as I know" is judged to be a profanity as is the thing you use a screwdriver on

4. Re: Your message contains profanity or inappropriate language
    Beginner
    Ah, that was a very helpful tip! I had the same weird problem. Surely they could rely on forum members to flag offending posts?

Anyway, many thanks!

Best regards,
    David