Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A300-28V - Can't create own recovery disks

1. Satellite Pro A300-28V - Can't create own recovery disks
    Beginner
    Have an Satellite Pro A300-28V laptop with Vista 32 Business. After a recovery from HDD Recovery partition I decided to use the function Complete PC system backup to make an image for future recovery with all my present settings. Too annoying to reset to factory default (Thunderbird 3.0 Mail, Open Office, and some other small applications previously running with no problems for years on another desktop computer).

The system needs 5 to 9 DVD's and it writes the first DVD. Takes roughly 30 minutes. Then, during verification of that disc it hangs. Verification bar stops at about 30% complete.
    Anyone with that experience? Does not the Business "Complete PC image" work well on a OEM installation of Vista?
    Or is it maybe the DVD driver who needs an update? I do not use a 3rd party burning software.

/Sweden

2. Re: Satellite Pro A300-28V - Can't create own recovery disks
    Master
    Hi

Which program you are using to create your own recovery disks? For example I mean Acronis, Norton Ghost, etc.

In your case I would try it with another burning program like CD Burner XP or Nero.
    Furthermore you could try to remove the upper and lower filters in Windows registry, maybe it will work.

Last but not least on the Toshiba website you can check if there is a firmware update for your CD/DVD drive.

3. Re: Satellite Pro A300-28V - Can't create own recovery disks
    Beginner
    I have upgraded BIOS, and changed to Philips DVD+RW media. Now I have my recovery discs.

4. Re: Satellite Pro A300-28V - Can't create own recovery disks
    Nice! Tanks for this info!