Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qsomio X500 - colour scheme changed to Window 7 basic

1. Qsomio X500 - colour scheme changed to Window 7 basic
    Beginner
    Hi guys

I need some help here. Get my Qosmio X500 (PQY33a-00x00J) recently.

I am having problem with the pre-installed WINDVD player. Every time I lauched the WINDVD program, the color sceme changed to Window 7 basic. Below is the text version of the error message:

The following program has performed an action that requires Windows to temporarily change the color scheme to Windows 7 Basic.

Program: WinDVD MFC Application
    Publisher: Corel Corporation
    Process identifier (PID): 4300

Windows will automatically change the color scheme back to Windows Aero when this program or other programs performing similar actions are no longer running.

Can anyboby help me here.
    Thanks.

2. Re: Qsomio X500 - colour scheme changed to Window 7 basic
    Master
    Hi

I don’t use WinDVD player but have you tried to update or reinstall this program? If not, check this please!!!

Furthermore I recommend “VLC media player” to watch videos. It can play DVDs and the most video and audio files. I like this player very much, I can really recommend it to you!

3. Re: Qsomio X500 - colour scheme changed to Window 7 basic
    Beginner
    Thanks for your suggestion. (I had to locked in as marwon2 as l'd lost the user name and password for marwon)

DVD and video files are ok as I can use the factory preloaded "Cyberlink PowerCoinema".

Its when I use the factory pre loaded "Windvd BD for Toshiba" to play blue ray disk that trigger the change of colour scheme to Window 7 basic.

Thanks