Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-1GE - Can't use hotkeys

1. Satellite L500-1GE - Can't use hotkeys
    Beginner
    Hello Everybody!
    I am Tibor from Hungary. I am not a big forum user but now I would need a little help.

I have a Satellite L500-1GE and I use Windows 7 ultimate (64bit). My problem is the following:
    I can not use the hotkeys (FN + F1..9 buttons) and so I can not switch on/off the wireless. It always work (the led of wireless always burn). I downloaded the value package, hotkey, accesibility driver but bootless. In base without drivers some application work (ESC, F1, F5, F6, F7) but I setup the value package nothing work.

The most important function for me it is the the wireless switching (FN + F8) because if it always work I can not use my notebook full accumlator capacity.

Could you help me about this problem?

Thanks so much for your help in advanced and I wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the NeW Year!

Kind Regards,
    Tibor

Message was edited by: BVCI32

2. Re: Satellite L500-1GE - Can't use hotkeys
    Scholar
    Hi

For using the FN keys you have to install Toshiba Value Added Package and Flash Cards supports utility. Make sure that both versions are released for Windows 7 64bit already. If you choose a Vista version it will not work!

Here you can download all:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Download Drivers

Value Added Package must be installed firstly. ;)

3. Re: Satellite L500-1GE - Can't use hotkeys
    Beginner
    Hello,

Thanks for your fast answer! I setup the offered drivers successfully and it work well.

Merry Christmas! ;-)

Regards,
    Tibor