Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Power connector broken ? Where to find one ?

1. Power connector broken ? Where to find one ?
    mgo
    Hello,

the powerconnector of my thoshiba satellite is broken.
    Where can I find one ?

Thanks.

2. Re: power connector broken ? Where to find one ?
    Master
    Hi Michel,

Is it the power connector on the mains adapter that has broken, or is it the connector on the back of you notebook ?

If it is the one on your notebook then this is normally soldered onto the motherboard and will entail replacing the motherboard unless you can find a suitable replacement connector and want to try re-soldering it.

If it is the connector on the mains adapter you could cut off the broken one and solder on a replacement which you should be able to get from most electrical spares stockists. Ensure that you get the polarity correct since it is DC current.

HTH

3. Re: power connector broken ? Where to find one ?
    mgo
    Thank you for your answer, it is the connector of the mains and I wanted to cut it off and replace it like you said but I don't know where I can find one.

4. Re: power connector broken ? Where to find one ?
    Master
    HI Michel,

I don't know in which country you live so I can't really help you to locate a suitable supplier, but if you Goggle for 'DC Power Connector' you should produce some results similar to the following which is a UK site :-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=43084&doy=28m6

Then you just need to identify a plug similar to yours.

HTH