Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported

1. Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported
    Beginner
    Hello,

I have Protege R600 (accordint to the sticker and to the serial number, it's Portege R600-102, Part Number: PPR61E-00600CEN and I'm unable to upgrade BIOS from its current version (1.6) to the newest one available on support & download site.

Namely, according to my criteria websipe presents 3.00-WIN version, which contans zipped executable called P006Bv300.exe; when launched it displays 'This computer is not supported' message.

Which BIOS should I use?

2. Re: Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported
    Master
    Hi

Did you download the right BIOS version for your notebook? Are you sure?
    Check this!!!

By the way: Did you exchange the mainboard or an authorized service provider?
    As far as I can remember I did read a thread here about the same issue. The user reported that the update wasn’t possible after mainboard exchange. He went to ASP again and they guys did update the DMI informations. After this the update was possible!!! :)

3. Re: Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported
    Beginner
    No, I haven't changed mainboard.

Yes, the version is correct -- I verified it using all three ways (manual select form list, search by serial number, autosearch using provided application)

4. Re: Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported
    Master
    Hi

If you update the BIOS, please make sure that you have extracted all files from zip archive and start the update.
    Also close all running programs (antivirus, firewall, internet connection, etc.) and make sure that you are logged in as administrator.

If it doesn’t work you need help from an ASP. Maybe the DMI information are not written properly.

5. Re: Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have the exact same model and having the same issue about the bios update,did you manage to solve your problem?

Thanks.

6. Re: Portege R600 (PPR61E) - BIOS update not supported
    Please check if VAP (using Vista and Win 7) or Common Modules are installed before you would try to update the BIOS!!!!

Furthermore please check this Toshiba BIOS update instruction:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9502M10000R01.htm

Check this!