Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite L500 - Error appears if I start recovery disk creator

1. Satellite L500 - Error appears if I start recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    Hi all, just tried to launch recovery media creator on the Toshiba board and the following ERROR CODE: 0d00f6-49-00000015 appears.
    This goes after a few clicks on the mouse and the program starts.

Any ideas how to mend this?
    Operating system is Windows 7 64bit my new shinny laptop.

any help would be great.

2. Re: Satellite L500 - Error appears if I start recovery disk creator
    Master
    Hi

You used not compatible disk!
    You have to test different DVD from different manufacturers.
    Not all DVD from different manufacturers are compatible. There are big differences between the brands… So check and try other DVD

3. Re: Satellite L500 - Error appears if I start recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    Yes, same with my Qosmio x500 (win7 64). Starting the recovery media creator reports the error code:0D00F6-49-00000015 and the app wont run.
    A fix would be good.

4. Re: Satellite L500 - Error appears if I start recovery disk creator
    Beginner
    No, wrong. This error occurs before a dvd is inserted. The recovery disk creator doesnt even launch. It cannot have anything to do with the compatability of a dvd that isnt in the drive at the time of error!

5. Re: Satellite L500 - Error appears if I start recovery disk creator
    Do you use this tool for the first time?
    This tool will work with “factory settings” only and nothing should be changed (preinstalled tools or partitions structure).

I am 100% sure it will work properly if you make recovery installations again. The principle how it works is the same on all new Toshiba notebooks and if this works on my brand new Satellite P500-127 and I don't see any reason why it should not works on your Satellite L500. At first start up I have installed Win7 64bit and later successfully created recovery DVDs.

As I wrote before, if possible install OS again using HDD recovery procedure as described in http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm
    When installation is finished and you start OS for the first time start "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator".