Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U500-17F - calibration issue when trying to create recovery disk

1. Satellite U500-17F - calibration issue when trying to create recovery disk
    Beginner
    I have exactly the same problem with calibration when trying to create a recovery disk on Maxell DVD+R media. I tryed 2 different DVDs twice each with the same error. Then I burned one of them on my desktop PC without any problems. When I tried an Emtec DVD+R media on the laptop it burned successfully.
    The laptop is Satellite U500-17F with Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ862AS. This is an incompatibility of Mat****a drives with Maxell DVDs and should be fixed with a firmware update but Mat****a do not have such.

2. Re: Satellite U500-17F - calibration issue when trying to create recovery disk
    Master
    Hi

I had an issue with different disk from different manufacturers.
    Finally I tested the TDK and Verbatim and could create the recovery disk using an DVD –R medium!

Should test another brands!

3. Re: Satellite U500-17F - calibration issue when trying to create recovery disk
    Master
    Hi

I had a similar issue that I couldn’t create the Toshiba recovery disk. I did also get an error message but I can’t remember which one exactly.

However, after this I changed the DVD medium. I tried it again with Verbatim DVD-R medium and this worked for me!!! Now I could create the recovery disk successful. :)
    Check this!