Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Compatibility problem with Portege 7020 / 7200 CT display & docking station

1. Compatibility problem with Portege 7020 / 7200 CT display & docking station
    Beginner
    Hi guys,

i am experiencing some problems with the 2 mentioned laptops.

The 1st one is:
    I bought a used 7020 to replace the broken screen of 7200. After disassembled the screen, I noticed that the connectors have the same number of wires, but one of the terminal of the 7200's screen has a larger socket. "no problem" I thought, and with patience I picked up the cable of the 7020 adapter an put it into the 7200.
    But when i turned it on i saw only colored lines and squares :S :S
    If you want i can provide the PN, if it could help...Even if i check the compatibility before order.

2nd problem:
    Portege 7200 recognize correctly the docking station, while the 7020 emit some beeps before boot, and obviously it doesn't work with him. I checked on toshiba's site and the dock would be totally compatible!

And for last... Where can i find bios updates?

Sorry for my bad english, i hope that someone could help me!

regards,
    Francesco

2. Re: Compatibility problem with Portege 7020 / 7200 CT display & docking station
    Hello Francesco

You will be really lucky if anyone here can help you with these old notebook models. I am pretty sure they are about 10 years old.
    Without maintenance manuals and enough knowledge is not easy to help you with this display replacement.

This issue with docking station can be related to defective hardware. Both notebooks are so similar and both of them can be used with this docking station. How you can be sure hardware is top on 7020?

BIOS updates are available on http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_bios.jsp but as I can see for Portege 7000 there is no BIOS update, just for 7020.

If you want you can contact nearest Toshiba service provider. they have maintenance manuals for this old notebooks and they can help you offering exact info about parts you need.

3. Re: Compatibility problem with Portege 7020 / 7200 CT display & docking station
    Beginner
    I have both service manuals... But they are not useful in my issue.

For the dock...I don't know if it's an hardware issue, but i only know that all the peripherals (except the dock port, it seems) are working.

In the bios page, it doesn't appear nothing about 7xxx series...so i don't know where to download bios updates :-\

Anyway, thanks for reply!

4. Re: Compatibility problem with Portege 7020 / 7200 CT display & docking station
    Master
    You can find the old notebook series in Archive!
    You have to choose Product type -> Archive and all old series will be listed….