Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L500-19X -What speed DVD's should I use?

1. Satellite L500-19X -What speed DVD's should I use?
    Beginner
    Having just purchased a laptop as above I am faced with the question of what speed DVD to use.
    The John Lewis PC after sales help service advised me that times 16 DVD's sometimes cause trouble and that I should seek X8 and use these if possible although they say they are now almost as rare a hens teeth. The say that a X16 may be OK but X8 would be more reliable.

I have not booted up my laptop yet as am awaiting supply of X8 that I located on Ebay as advised DVD-R NOT + should be used. I note that the disc tray is marked Rewritable + leading to more confusion.

Will make copy of operating software when the X8 are received and not before.

Any advise or observations would be most appreciated

2. Re: Satellite L500-19X -What speed DVD's should I use?
    Master
    Since long time I always use the same DVDs and I have never, but really never noticed some burning problems, especially not creating recovery medias.
    I use TDK DVD-R 1-16x speed empty medias.

3. Re: Satellite L500-19X -What speed DVD's should I use?
    Beginner
    Hi Macius

Many thanks for your reply.

I have now obtained X8 and saved sytem to 2 discs. All OK
    Having had advice to try and obtain X8 and succeeded, I am happy at outcome.

Better safe than sorry.
    Bearjoshy